First Permanent Jewish House of Worship in Montana
Temple Emanuel Temple Emanuel was built in 1890. Today, the building is the Chancery of the Bishop of Western Montana.
Plaque The plaque is located on the North-West corner of the building. The plaque is enscribed "Site of First Jewish House of Worship, State of Montana, 1890." The image of the Temple is as it was with twin onion domed cupolas, Stars of David and Hebrew Inscriptions.
Pioneer Jewish Families Sydney Lindauer and Joe Schwartz descendents of the original Jewish Pioneers. Their families came to frontier Helena in the 1860's.
Program The plaque program was attended by Bishop Morlino, Bishop of Western Montana, Montana Historical Society, members of the Helena Jewish community and 150 citizens of Helena: April 21, 2001